Monday, 29 November 2010

Engine 5.03 released

Engine5.03

Another bug fix release

Bugs fixed in this release
==========================

Fixed more animation bugs such as LastFromAndStop and LastFrameAndFirst, there will be more

Fixed KeyPressed and KeyReleased, which exhibitted the opposite behaviour (because I had old and new states the wrong way around and fixed that, not releasing I had bodge pressed and released - doh!), this fix may break your code, so you may need to switch them over as well!!!

Changes in this release
=======================
Continued the process of wrapping the debug output and metric code in #if DEBUG #endif directives so this code will be skipped in release builds of the engine. I will need to provide a release and debug build of the engine for this to be useful, so I have re-organised the folders where the versions of the engine are stored.

The structure is as follows:

Look inside Game Programming Resources -> XNA ENGINE VERSIONS

Inside this folder will be the different numbered version of the engine

5.01
5.02 etc...

Inside the version folder from 5.02 onwards you will find a Debug folder which contains the dll and the xml file you should normally use during development. You will also find a Release folder which contains just a dll which contains release version code. This will give a slight speed increase as eventually all debug code will be removed from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment